Need help with a lawyer?
“VBIA is a wonderful advocate if you need help with a lawyer. When I was executor of my friend’s estate, I had many meetings with the lawyer trying to honour her final wishes. I was getting more and more upset and frustrated. Richard had one meeting with the lawyer without me, came back, and explained everything to me so I understood perfectly.”
– Sue C.
When it comes to advocacy, Vancouver BIA does much more than just giving advice. We can help to bridge the gap between legal services and the people we serve. We help simplify and translate the language and jargon used by lawyers into easily understood terms for our clients that make sense to a brain-injured mind. We eliminate the confusion that sometimes gets in the way of effective discourse between clients and third parties. We work with those we help to ensure that their voice is heard, their concerns are addressed, and they are given access to all of the resources they require. We are here to fill the void.
Great Question! Here at Vancouver BIA we alleviate undue stresses that arise for survivors of brain injury. This can include but is not limited to the following:
– Meeting with a Lawyer on the client’s behalf.
– Providing support sitting in on appointments be it medical, legal, or otherwise.
– Standing in on the client’s behalf for WCB claims.
– Aiding the client in settling disputes with neighbours, landlords, etc.
– Helping the client make sense of documentation, claims, and more.
– Pointing the clients to the resources they need be it counselling, legal advice, or otherwise.
Our advocacy work is determined on a case-by-case basis, and tailored to the client’s needs. Often it can be a huge relief for our clients to have the help of someone who understands the struggles of a brain injury and knows the procedures that need to be undertaken to get proper support.