Job Title: Legal Assistant
Responsibilities:A legal assistant’s primary purpose at VBIA is to see justice and compensation served to the brain injured party.
- File legal complaints
- Offer legal advice
- Prepares legal documents
- Represents clients in small court
- Learn and apply trauma informed practices in all interactions with clients and volunteers
Current enrolment in the undergraduate or graduate studies programs in Law.
- Subject knowledge and oral/written communication skills to discuss and document legal issues for clients.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and to problem solves technical and methodological issues that arise during the work.
- Ability to apply strong research and analytical skills to adequately gather and examine data in support of a client’s case.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong code of ethics.
- Strong dedication to justice and a compassion for brain injured clients.
Start Date: April 23, 2019
End Date: August 31, 2019
Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org