Vancouver Brain Injury Association
Vancouver Brain Injury Association’s mission is to fill a devastating void for Vancouver and North Shore brain injury survivors by providing programs that are currently unavailable and to connect brain injury survivors, their families, and caregivers to resources that are available.
Brain Waves – Neuroscience in Primary School
- Brain Waves introduces neuroscience to the 4th grade
- Brain Waves visits school children in their classrooms
- Brain Waves is for grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6
- Brain Waves is a fun filled half-day learning about the brain
- Brain Waves teaches brain injury prevention
- Brain Waves saves children’s lives
- Brain Recovery Fridays presents the Brain Gain Friday program
- Inman Room at North Shore Neighbourhood House
- Address: 226 East 2nd Street, North Vancouver
- 1:00-3:30 PM
- Phone: 604- 987-8138
- Every Friday through June 23, 2017
Brain Gain Friday
April 28, 2017:
Support Group Meets at Capilano Mall April 25
- North Shore Brain Injury Support Group
- April 25 meeting in Capilano Mall Community Room
- 7:00 PM – Following Vancouver BIA AGM
- Usually monthly at LGH
- Next month
- Evergreen Boardroom at Lions Gate Hospital
231 East 15th Street, North Vancouver
- 7:00 pm, the 4th Tuesday of every month
- Phone: 604-779-2472 to Register
Vancouver Brain Injury Association is a Canadian charity, registration number 82988 0392 RR0001.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of:
- The City of North Vancouver through their Community Grants program,
- The District of North Vancouver through their Community Grants program,
- The District of West Vancouver through their Community Grants program and
- The Province of British Columbia through their Community Gaming Grants program.
VANCOUVER BIA MANDATE
- To serve as an advocate for brain injury survivors’ individual needs and concerns to the best of our abilities and resources.
- To investigate the program needs of the Vancouver and North Shore brain injury community and provide those programs that are currently unavailable.
- To provide a venue through which members of the public may contribute to the support of brain injury survivors and their caregivers.
- To assist and support brain injury survivors in reaching appropriate agencies and support.
- To use Trauma Informed Practices (TIP) in our society and to provide access to TIP training to other agencies.
- To support inclusion and to not discriminate on the basis of factors including but not limited to gender, race, religion, socioeconomic status, physical or cognitive abilities, age, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
Brain Recovery Fridays
Weekly: September through June
Where: North Shore Neighbourhood House
When: Every Friday from 1:00 – 3:30 pm
Participation from now
until December 31 is $40
Trauma Informed Practices
The TIP program is presented in cooperation with the G.V. Counselling & Education Society.
Training begins with a weekly series of Mindfulness Training Workshops leading to an Introduction to Trauma Informed Practices in the final 2 sessions.
Download the Flyer Mindfulness Flyer LGH series
Individuals or groups interested in caregiver support training or staff training please email email@example.com
Brain Injury Agencies Connecting
Vancouver BIA rapidly emerges with complete programs badly needed in Vancouver and on the North Shore. Collaborating with other brain injury associations, Vancouver BIA gets best practices. Learn More… here
Thank you for financially supporting Vancouver BIA. Please select your gift amount by using the secure button below. For greater security we use the internet’s most well known, most trusted online transaction company. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use Paypal.