Vancouver Brain Injury Association’s mission is to fill a devastating void for Vancouver and North Shore brain injury survivors by investigating the program needs of the Vancouver and North Shore brain injury community and providing programs that are currently unavailable.
Vancouver Brain Injury Association’s mission is also to connect brain injury survivors, their families, and caregivers to resources that are available by liaising with community and government organizations and introducing them to our clients.
To connect brain injury survivors, their families, and caregivers to resources.
To use and provide access to Trauma Informed Practices(TIP) training.
- Brain Recovery Fridays
- Inman Room at North Shore Neighbourhood House
- Address: 226 East 2nd Street, North Vancouver
- 1:00-3:30 PM,
- September 9, 2016 through June 2017
- Phone: 604- 987-8138 for directions.
Vancouver Brain Injury Association
Phone: (604) 779-2472
Purchase fine furniture and donate to Vancouer BIA?
In Brain Gain Friday on March 24th, Susan Adams who is an Emotional Art Therapist will be there from 1:30-2:30 followed by Anetta Segato exercise therapist from 2:35- 3:35.
For the schedule of the Brain Gain Friday on March 31.
- North Shore Brain Injury Support Group
- Evergreen Boardroom at Lions Gate Hospital
231 East 15th Street, North Vancouver
- 7:00 pm, the 4th Tuesday of every month
- Phone: 604-779-2472 Call to Register
Vancouver BIA's location has moved!
We have our own new location. Learn more to
Vancouver BIA’s popular Brain Recovery Fridays program features neurologically beneficial exercise every week and frequent art therapy, music therapy, games, puzzles, social integration, and fun.
Exercise is for health recovery including improved balance, coordination, and neuroplasticity. Dance instruction, yoga, tai chi or other exercise promoting health recovery and neuroplasticity is often an option included in the program.
Vancouver Brain Injury Association is a Canadian charity, registration number 82988 0392 RR0001.
We gratefully acknowledge the support of:
- The City of North Vancouver through their Community Grants program,
- The District of North Vancouver through their Community Grants program,
- The District of West Vancouver through their Community Grants program, and
- The Province of British Columbia through their Community Gaming Grants program.
VANCOUVER BIA MANDATE
- To serve as an advocate for brain injury survivors’ individual needs and concerns to the best of our abilities and resources.
- To investigate the program needs of the Vancouver and North Shore brain injury community and provide those programs that are currently unavailable.
- To provide a venue through which members of the public may contribute to the support of brain injury survivors and their caregivers.
- To assist and support brain injury survivors in reaching appropriate agencies and support.
- To use Trauma Informed Practices (TIP) in our society and to provide access to Trauma Informed Practices training to other agencies.
- To support inclusion and to not discriminate on the basis of factors including but not limited to gender, race, religion, socioeconomic status, physical or cognitive abilities, age, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
Brain Recovery Fridays
Weekly: September through June
Where: North Shore Neighbourhood House
When: Every Friday from 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Participation from now
until December 31 is $40
Trauma Informed Practices
The TIP program is presented in cooperation with the G.V. Counselling & Education Society.
Training begins with a weekly series of Mindfulness Training Workshops leading to an Introduction to Trauma- Informed Practices in the final 2 sessions.
Download the Flyer Mindfulness Flyer LGH series
Individuals or groups interested in caregiver support training or staff training please email email@example.com
Brain Injury Agencies Connecting
Vancouver Brain Injury Association rapidly emerges with complete programs badly needed in Vancouver and on the North Shore. Collaborating with other brain injury associations, VBIA gets best practices. Learn More… here
Thank you for financially supporting Vancouver Brain Injury Association. Please select your gift amount by using the secure button below. For greater security we use the internet’s most well known, most trusted online transaction company. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use Paypal.